About Me

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Good news, everyone!

Big news!

I'm going to enter my first contest. Bwhahaha.

I'm going to be entering Janet Reid's 'Pay it Forward' contest. It just began today and closes on March 15, so I have plenty of time to tighten up my manuscript. Not like I have anything better to do. Anyways! As I said, this is my FIRST contest! It's been a bit hard to find contests I can enter, with me having an Adult EF story. Thankfully, anyone can enter. Just check out her blog!

I'm fairly nervous, this being the first. I don't have any expectations, I consider myself quite unlucky, but it is still exciting. Does anyone think I'll win? Does anyone HOPE I'll win? Ha!

On a similar note, I have decided that I shall submit to Angry Robot Books when they open in April. I've heard they are pretty reputable and this is the first publisher I'll directly submit too. Bit nerve wrecking. This would be pretty big if I got picked up and I would still really like if I had an agent at least for the contract negotiations. Does anyone have some suggestions on how to pull that off? To get an agent AFTER I got a publisher? I may be jumping the gun a bit, but I really like to be prepared. Sometimes overly prepared.

Oh! A lot of firsts are going to be happening! Quite exciting! Let's hope everything (or something!) goes right for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment